Ecobitat Prefab Modular System
Ecobitat start from a modular system of 2.44 m x 3,10 m x 12.20 m, scaled from the standard OSB plate (oriented strand board) of 1.22 m x 2.44 m, defining areas of flexible multipurpose that can be progressively coupled and adequate for transport. Legs telescope from the base ensuring a good adaptability to different types of topographies. It can also be transformed into a hybrid module, capable of being applied on the water surface. The responsible use of recyclable and industrial materials results in a speedy and prompt delivery of manufacturing space modules.
The main materials of the system are:
– Structure in “light steel framing”
– Vertical walls and floor in OSB with thermo-acoustic insulation;
– Coverage in metal type sandwich tiles;
– Window in tempered glass;
– Green roof and walls;
– System of reuse of water;
– Use of solar panels for water heating;
– Use of wind power to generate electricity.
This constructive system deals at the same time ecological issues, by proposing spaces environmentally sustainable, and social issues by proposing modules capable to use in emergency and relief housing. Modular plant boxes are mounted on the exterior and are planted with vegetation, which provides extra insulation. Depending on the types of plants used, the prefab’s walls could even produce your own food.