Cubic house TETRIS
This is a presentation of our modular prefabricated house — Tetris. The name and concept in general should make our vision clear to everybody. Every person in the world knows what Tetris is. Moreover, our team is from Russia just like the designer of the Tetris game!
Russia is famous for its vast territories, yet new residential areas are generally erected in major cities or their suburban areas. The outskirts are hardly developed. We are personally quite familiar with the problems surrounding modern residential property: shared accommodation, tight living space, ridiculous prices of real property both in cities and in the country to name a few. That is exactly why in our project we are trying to break the status-quo and find the best balance of cost, size, living conditions etc.
The apartment unit we are proposing consists of cubical blocks (modules). Each side of the cube equals three meters. Cubical blocs have metal frame, available in two variants:
● parts of the frame are welded, the frame can not be disassembled.
● parts of the frame are bolted together, the frame is disassemblable.
Each part of the frame consists of a metal L-shaped angle bar with plastic casing. Inside there is a duct for utility lines.
For a standard apartment unit only five cubical blocks (modules) are needed.
● Entrance module or staircase module. Facade arrangement: entrance module — blind wall or full-wall glass panel with a doorway (exit outside); staircase module — full-wall window.
● The rest of the modules in the standard kit are: an entrance hall, a bedsitter, a kitchen and a full bathroom. Depending on the relative positions of the blocks, the number of rooms and customer feedback these modules can have a glass facade or a blind outer wall with heating installation. All outer walls of an apartment unit have heat insulation and sound proofing. Partition walls can be stationary or made as sliding doors completely separating one room from another.
We suggest prefabricated build-in furniture and lighting to reduce footprint.
What are the advantages of a modular house?
(1) Cost-effective manufacturing: size and shape of the main parts do not change so you do not have to recalibrate the manufacturing equipment.
(2) High availability of building and finishing materials.
(3) Quick and easy delivery, construction and assembly. Modular system enables versatile floor planning. Apartment units can potentially have an unlimited number of rooms/blocks and they can be stacked on top of one another!
(4) Houses consisting of such modules can function as both stand-alone buildings and multi-apartment multi-storey city dwellings.
Alongside functionality and design, social significance is among key aspects of our project. Minimalist residences like Tetris apartment unit are ideally suited for individuals looking for a personal residential space with just the necessary amount of creature comforts. Our project might be the perfect choice for the elderly, reduced mobility individuals, singles, students or anybody else looking for affordable residential property. Although the Tetris modules have limited floor space there is no feeling of confinement thanks to high ceiling and built-in furniture.
Moreover, our modular house can serve not only as residential property but also as a foodservice facility, a brick-and-mortar store, an office etc.
We would also like to address a very acute worldwide problem — waste recycling, especially plastics recycling. Recycling is the only right way. Nowadays even spaceships are made of plastics! We care about our planet. That is why we position our project as a remedy for one of the serious standing ecological problems — pollution by plastic products. Our apartment unit, if adopted on a larger scale, will reduce the amount of plastics polluting our habitat.
Let’s make the world a better, simpler and cleaner place!