Ei van Columbus
The “Columbuswoning” refers to “het ei van Columbus” (Columbus’ egg) which stands for one solution for a lot of problems.
The ‘Columbuswoning’ solves the great problems of housing at one time:
– Completely Cradle to Cradle by using prefabricated wood-straw-panels that are finished with clay
– Super isolation (Rc 8,3)
– High speed building; one story a day.
– High comfort because of ‘breathing’ walls and moist regulation by the clay
– Very low energy demand because of the superb isolation but also because of the lack of to much instalation . In that matter an easy way to reach zero-energy. Solarenergy provides all needed energy.
– Building and production of the “Columbuswoning” is CO2 positive. The growth of the materials straw and wood used, compensate the other used matarials.
– The “Columbuswoning’ is not a fixed prefab house, but an open buildingconcept which provides any design to fit in. Up to 5 stories high (without extra support-structures).
– Costs of building compare to traditional building systems; zero energy and simple installation, makes this way building more affordable. So healthier, more affordable and zero-emmission.
Summarized: The Egg of Columbus !